Friday, May 7, 2010
A week in Greece. . .in the hospital
When I say we spent the week in Greece it sounds great, right? Well, it had it's nice times and it could have been worse but a week spent in the hospital anywhere is no fun. I will recap how this all came about because I'm sure most of you don't even know what I'm talking about. Last week, Noah, Judah and myself ended up at the doctor's office on Monday with a cough and some other symptoms; we all came home on antibiotics. Noah also had to have breathing treatments for bronchitis from Monday until Sunday. Judah and I got better but Noah just didn't seem to be kicking it. We went back on Monday and Dr. Tatijana was a little scared that Noah was going to develop pneumonia and she didn't know what else to do except to tell us to take Noah to the hospital and see what they say. Neither one of us were thrilled at the thought of taking our 5 month old to the hospital here since we had heard some not so good things about it and we did have other options. We finally decided to take him to Greece to St. Lukes hospital, about 3.5 hours away. We got there about 9:30 or 10:00 pm and after an EKG, blood work and a chest x-ray they admitted Noah. His lungs were clear but his oxygen levels were lower than they needed to be and they determined he had viral bronchitis and an ear infection. We were there for 3 nights and during that time they treated him with breathing treatments and antibiotics. We left on Thursday but had to stay until Friday in order to go back for a check-up. He seems to be doing good so the doctor gave us the OK to go home, which is where I am writing this from. Home, it feels so good to be home! Charlie and the boys stayed at a hotel and tried to do some fun things to pass the time. Eating at McDonald's was tops on the list for the boys. A great friend of ours who lives there took the boys all day Tuesday and they had a blast. They did McD's(with an indoor play place), 2 different parks, chased some pigeons, and watched a couple of movies and ate popcorn back at her place. Judah kept saying to me when they would come visit Noah and I at the hospital, "Mommy, do you want to come see my new room?!" Poor thing, I think he thought we had moved again but he didn't seem to mind. It has been a crazy whirlwind of a week but in the scheme of things it hasn't been that bad, in fact, I feel really blessed. We had great care, Noah didn't develop pneumonia, we loved the Pediatrician, I got to spend some time with a great friend, the boys had some pretty fun days, the weather was great and Noah was the most content little fellow. Once he even fell asleep while doing the breathing treatments, that is not to say that he didn't scream at times, because he did, but for the most part he was such a trooper. God blessed us with the means to be able to get our baby the care he needed and we do not take that for granted. It would be easy to turn to self pity, in fact I have caught myself heading that way at times, and say," isn't 6 months of someone in our family being sick enough?" However, WE ARE BLESSED and even in these circumstances God has a plan that will not be thwarted and a work He wants to do in us, drawing us to depend on Him more and more. He is in control, He loves us and I trust Him, not only with my life, but with the lives of my children as well. Truly, He is the one to be praised!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I'm glad you are back home now! Whew-- you must be exhausted. Love you, Jill
ReplyDelete