Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"So do not worry, saying,'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we wear?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father know that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

This was our family devotional passage tonight. I've read it so many times and every time I read it, it seems better than the last time. What peace there is in knowing that our heavenly Father knows what we need and will give it to us, that is a promise! We do not have to spend our precious time worrying about those things but instead we can spend it seeking Him and His righteousness. Oh, how much of my life have I got this completely backwards. What peace we can have when we seek his face and leave our worries at His feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment