Sunday, February 7, 2010

Everlasting Love

Yesterday was one of those days where the boys stayed in their pajamas ALL day and I stayed in mine over half the day. The weather just made it one of those days. First it started raining, then it snowed so hard, rained again, and then the sun came out. We pretty much had every type of weather in one day. Needless to say we stayed in except to go to the store. It was also one of those days where you look in the mirror and go oh my, I hope my personality carries me far because looks are getting me no where today. I wonder how in the world my husband could still be attracted to me when all I have done all day is blow my nose every 15 minutes, have some hair that needs a major wash job and still wearing pajamas after lunch. Yet, he does still love me and is attracted to me. This reminds me of our Lord who still loves us even though He sees much more than our outward appearance. He sees our heart, thoughts, and our motives both good and bad. He sees the ugliest parts of me and still he calls me His child, His friend, and His bride. I have to remind myself that when He looks at me He knows all the sin in my life, past, present and future; however, He sees me covered in the blood of Christ that makes me clean, as white as snow in fact, and beautiful. He tells me He loves me with an everlasting love, not the fleshly love that can come and go, but a love that will never fade. His Word tells me nothing can separate me from the love of Christ(Rom. 8:35). Oh, the peace and joy that floods my soul!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Jennifer! I really needed that reminder. God is GREAT!!!

    Love,
    Cindy Legate

    ReplyDelete