Saturday, November 7, 2009

Josiah's Night in the Spotlight


On Friday, Josiah had his first school program and you can see from the first picture that he was thrilled to be there. Kids here love to sing and dance but Josiah is a bit like his Daddy and it's just not his thing. He also doesn't like getting up in front of lots of people and drawing attention to himself. I laughed as he walked out the door dressed in a girl's shirt; the good thing is that he wasn't aware it was a girl's shirt and all the other boys wore the same thing too. I think he knew there was something not right about it because he did make the comment that he didn't like the shirt and wanted to know why he had to wear it. After seeing some of the other classes perform dressed in tights, I decided that wearing a girl's shirt wasn't as bad as I thought. The night went well and we were very proud of him for doing something that we knew he REALLY didn't want to do. I think his teachers figured out he is not the performer and did the smart thing by sticking him in a pink car to blow bubbles the whole time. It was quite entertaining!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment