Friday, August 14, 2009

Food, Faith and Fun

 

We go to Ane's house once or twice a week for Bible study and encouragement through the Word. We baked some cookies from a recipe of mine that she enjoyed. She loves to cook and learn how to make new things but even more she loves the Lord and hungers to know more and more about Him. She desires with all her heart to raise her daugher to know the Lord and the love He has for her. She continually asks me how to teach Jovana, her 2 year old, God's Word. She wants a fleshly example to follow and learn from. Oh, how I desire to be that example for her, but I know all my shortcomings. The beauty of not being that perfect example is being able to be honest with her and encourage her when she falls short of that which she seeks to become. We can help each other, pray for each other and encourage one another in our role as a Mom, as well as a child of the King. My love for this sweet lady grows each time I'm around her. My faith grows each time I'm around her. Her life is not always easy but her joy seems to come from knowing the Lord and the grace she has been given. She is thankful and so grateful knowing that all she needs, the Lord will provide. I can't wait for my understanding of Macedonian to become better so I can share more of my heart with her and understand her heart more clearly. But for now, I'm just honored to know her and thankful that God knit together the threads of our lives.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment