Saturday, February 19, 2011
Just thinking
Sometimes, like right now when my boys are riding their scooters around the circle in our house, I think how glorious it would be for my boys to have a yard to run around in. Not that a yard would be a great place to ride a scooter, but it would be a great place to do lots of other boy things like making a fire, or climbing trees or just running and being as loud as they want without me having to tell them to be quieter. I'm very content with our current living conditions, actually I really like our apartment and feel incredibly blessed to live here, but I do wonder what it would be like to have a yard. I know what it's like to have a yard and I guess I do miss it a little. Josiah occasionally mentions it and then we get to talk about how if God wants us to have one He will give us one so we just need to be content with what we have and pray about it. I love that God cares about what we care about, even something as simple as having a yard to play in. A yard will not change the world or truly make us any happier than we are right now but it could be lots of fun for us all. So. . . we wait to see if one day God will gift us with one. If He does, I will praise Him; if He doesn't I will still praise Him and be thankful because He loves us and truly has our best interest at heart. What more could I ask for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will join you in prayer. :)
ReplyDelete