Thursday, October 8, 2009
A Day at the Apple Orchard
After picking up the boys from school, we headed to the apple orchard our landlord owns. Of course, we had a cup of coffee first while the boys played in the dirt. Charlie and I helped collect apples while the boys had fun sitting on the tractor eating them. Apples are Josiah's favorite fruit so we were thrilled that they sent us home with 3 bags full. After loading the apples, we headed to the village to the landlord's parents to unload them. When Judah saw how many apples were in the barn he exclaimed, "oh my goodness." We had another cup of coffee with the family and had some good conversation. Josiah ran around barefoot(since he has soaked his shoes in the river)and chased the chickens. We left there and went to the vineyard they have and Charlie collected grapes for us. We took home a big crate of red and green grapes. We had a fun filled day and to prove it the boys were completely covered in dirt. We hope to go back soon but for now I am thinking of all the things I can make with apples. If you have any suggestions, let us know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Apple pies, fried apples, dumplings, candied apples, applesauce, dried apples for fried pies, apple jelly from the peels, I guess you will have to google apples and see what you come up with.
ReplyDelete